Roof moss removal is carried out using specialist cleaning equipment that protects your roof from damage. Once cleaned a biocide treatment will be applied to the roof with specialist spraying equipment. This important stage in the process is what prevents the moss from regrowing. The in-depth cleaning process will remove all moss, algae, lichen and any other dirt residue that has grown over the years. Throughout the process, we will ensure that downpipes are protected, with the gutters thoroughly cleared out and running freely.
What can happen if you leave moss on the roof?
If your roof is covered in moss we recommend our roof moss removal service. The damp climate in the UK can create the perfect conditions for moss, algae and lichens to thrive on a roof. Not only does moss look unsightly but it can also cause other problems such as:-
- Gutter damage
- Roof tile erosion and broken tiles
- Sagging roof
All these issues are caused the weight of the moss lying on the roof and it’s ability to attach itself to the tiles. THIS IS WHY THE BIOCIDE TREATMENT IS ESSENTIAL. ROOF REPAIRS CAN BE COSTLY. GET YOUR FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE NOW BY CALLING US FREE ON 08002062353
- The freeze and thaw process of the moss can result in cracked & dislodged tiles.
- The weight of all that extra moss on your roof can stress your roofing structure beneath the tiling.
- Moss will block your guttering and fail your roof drainage system which could potentially cause future problems in the eaves section of your roof.
- Most roofs with mortar systems for the ridges and gables will suffer early deterioration from the moss attacking the cement works.
- When dislodged from your roof, moss can become a nuisance when scattered all over your patio/driveway.
- Your roof is a major part of your home and unsightly moss and algae growth can sometimes be an eyesore to look at.
- Cleaning your roof will instantly transform the look of your home.
- Manually removing the moss from your roof and treating for further protection can extend the life of your roof.
- Increase kerb appeal and can also increase property value.
- Keep your guttering and roof drainage system working as it should – thus protecting the eaves section.
- No more sweeping moss from the ground that has fallen from your roof.
- By choosing Apex Cleaning N.I. Limited for a complete overhaul of your roof you can save ££££’s.
See Case Studies